Register your Trademark
Packages Starting @ 5,999*/-
Register your Copyright
Packages Starting @ 2,999*/-
EMI Options available
A trademark is a brand or logo which distinguishes one product or service from those of competitors. And trademark registration would mean authenticating the brand or logo used by an entity in business from government to restrict its usage by other people. By getting trademark registration of the logo or brand and then using it gives the owner or applicant the sole right to use it in anyway and he also gets legal protection on its illegal usage.
- Registered trademark work as an intangible asset to any brand or business.
- A trademark is registrable only if it distinguishes some uniqueness for the good and services supplied.
- A trademark cannot be legally registered if it includes deceptive, not distinctive, generic or some protected symbols
Trademark Registration is a tedious process and it takes around 18-24 months to obtain registration in a straight-forward case, without any objections or oppositions. However, once the trademark application is filed, an application number is allotted immediately and the priority starts from the date of application. At Tax Return Wala we offer Trademark Registration by assisting at every step of trademark registration process. At Taxreturnwala the trademark registration cost is very economical and considerate. As trademark registration process is very tedious experts available with taxreturnwala makes it easy for their clients.
Trademark Registration Process
Upon filing of the application, the registry will issue us with an official receipt with the filing date and number allotted to the application.The application is then formally examined by the Indian Trade Marks Office, as to its inherent registrability and/or any similarity with existing marks. If an objection to registration is raised, an official examination report will issue. To overcome the objection, it is necessary to file a written response or presenting evidence of acquired distinctiveness and in most cases, an interview/hearing with the examiner is posted. The Registrar may require the applicant to file an affidavit testifying to such user with exhibits showing the mark as used.
If, following examination, the trade mark application is considered allowable, a Letter of Acceptance (TLA order) will issue, after which the trademark will be published in the Trade Marks Journal. If there are no oppositions within 4 months from the date of advertisement in the Trade Marks Journal, then the trademark registration certificate will issue.
Trademark Registration is a tedious process and it takes around 18-24 months to obtain registration in a straight-forward case, without any objections or oppositions. However, once the trademark application is filed, an application number is allotted immediately and the priority starts from the date of application.
Once the trademark is registered, it is valid for a period of 10 years from the date of application. The registration can then be renewed indefinitely as long as the renewal fees are paid every 10 years.
Requirements for filing a trademark application
- The name, address and nationality of the applicant. If the applicant is a partnership firm, the names of all the partners. Also mention whether any minor is a partner.
- If the applicant is a company, the country or state of incorporation
- A list of goods and/or services for which registration is required.
- Soft copy of the trademark to be registered.
- If the mark contains or consists of non-English words, a translation of those words into English is required.
- If the application is to claim priority from an earlier filed convention application, details of that application is also required (application number, filing date, country and goods/services). A certified priority document or its duly notarized copy is to be submitted. If the certificate is not in English, a certified/notarized English translation is also required. If it is not readily available, the application can be filed based on the basic application number, date of the application and country of the application. A copy of the priority document can be submitted within 1 month from the filing date of the application.
- Date of first use of the trademark in India, if at all used.
- Power of attorney simply signed by the applicant (no legalization or notarization is required). For Indian clients, power of attorney to be executed in 100 Rs. stamp paper and signed by the applicant.