Steps to Download ITR-V
New Income tax return forms for AY 2023-24 have been introduced for individuals and businesses. These ITR forms have been notified by the Income Tax Department through a notification dated February 10.
ITR-V where V stands for Verification, in simple language is the receipt of your filed return. Downloading Income-tax return acknowledgment is very easy and can be done in minutes.
It is a single-page document that we receive when an ITR is filed by us without a digital signature. The income tax department provides ITR-V to taxpayers through email to verify the authenticity of income tax returns.
One can obtain a copy of ITR-V by visiting the income tax e-filing website. Alternatively, a copy of the ITR-V acknowledgment could be signed in ‘blue ink’ and delivered to the Income Tax Department CPC, Bangalore. ITR-V Acknowledgement is an important part of filing an income tax return.
Steps to Download ITR-V Acknowledgement
- Go to the official website of the Income Tax Department of India: https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Log in to your account using your user ID (PAN) and password. If you haven’t registered on the website, you’ll need to create an account first.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to your dashboard. Look for the “View Returns/Forms” tab or a similar option, which may vary depending on the website’s layout and updates.
- Click on the “View Returns/Forms” or similar option to access the page where you can view and download your filed returns.
- On the returns/forms page, you will see a list of the returns filed by you. Look for the relevant assessment year (the year for which you filed the return) and locate the corresponding ITR acknowledgment.
- Next to the relevant assessment year, you will find a link or an icon to download the ITR acknowledgment. Click on it.
- The acknowledgment will be downloaded to your device in PDF format. Open the downloaded file to view and save it for your records.
- Verify that the downloaded ITR acknowledgment contains the necessary details and is accurate.
- If required, take a printout of the acknowledgment for future reference or submission
It’s important to note that the website interface and navigation may change over time, so it’s advisable to refer to the official Income Tax Department website for the most up-to-date instructions and procedures for downloading the ITR acknowledgment.
When accessing the Indian Income Tax Department website, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Secure and trusted connection: Ensure that you are accessing the official website of the Income Tax Department, which is https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/. Verify the website’s URL and look for a secure connection symbol (e.g., a padlock icon) in your browser’s address bar.
- Valid credentials: Use your valid credentials, such as your PAN (Permanent Account Number) and password, to log in to the website. Keep your login credentials confidential and do not share them with anyone.
- Official notifications and updates: Stay updated with the official notifications and announcements from the Income Tax Department. These updates may include changes in tax laws, procedures, or any other important information.
- Authorized services: Utilize the services and features provided by the Income Tax Department website, such as e-filing of tax returns, tracking refunds, and accessing relevant forms and documents. Avoid using unofficial or third-party websites for such services.
- Personal information security: Be cautious when providing personal information on the website. The Income Tax Department will never ask for sensitive information like passwords, bank account details, or credit card information via email or phone calls. Exercise caution and report any suspicious activity.
- Properly log out: After completing your activities on the website, ensure that you log out properly from your account. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to your personal and financial information.
- Use a reliable Internet connection: When accessing the Income Tax Department website, use a secure and reliable Internet connection. Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks or untrusted internet connections to protect your information from potential security threats.
- Keep records and backups: Maintain copies or backups of important documents, such as filing tax returns, acknowledgment receipts, and other related records. This ensures that you have a record of your transactions and can refer to them as needed.
Remember, the Income Tax Department’s website is the official platform for tax-related activities in India. By following these points, you can enhance the security and reliability of your interactions with the website and ensure compliance with tax regulations.
Steps to send ITR V to Income Tax Department, CPC Bangalore
If the assessee manually verifies the ITR, he must print a copy of the ITR-V form which he has obtained through email or the income tax portal.
The taxpayer should compulsory sign and keep the printed acknowledgment in an A4 envelope. Do not print any watermarks on the printed ITR-V. Each envelope should only contain one ITR-V.
The envelope must then be mailed to the CPC in Bangalore within 30 days of filing the income tax return. ITR-V should be sent to the Income Tax Department – CPC, Post Box No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore-560500, Karnataka.
The new time limit for e-verification or submission of ITR-V
The new time limit for e-verification or submission of ITR-V shall now be 30 days from the date of filing the return of income.
Where ITR data is electronically transmitted but e-verified or ITR-V submitted beyond the time limit of 30 days of transmission of data, in such cases the date of e-verification/ ITR-V submission shall be treated as the date of furnishing the return of income and all consequences of late filing of return under the Act shall follow.
ITR-V is issued by The Income Tax Department which confirms our submission after we have filed our income tax return and generates an ITR-V as proof that we have made the filing. ITR-V must be electronically confirmed after it has been obtained to verify the legitimacy of your e-filing.